A rigid heddle loom weaving kit with a preassembled loom ready to weave on. Included alongside the loom are all the accessories needed including instructions to get you weaving and your very first weaving project with pattern and yarn to weave a beautiful scarf. This is ideal for someone who wants to be guided with a scarf weaving kit to help them get to know their loom and build up their confidence so that they can then tackle their own projects going forwards.
The scarf shown in the picture is not included as you will be using your loom and the kit to weave your own scarf.
The kit creates a beautiful checked scarf which is 22cm wide, 150cm long with an additional 12cm fringe at each end. The pattern is relatively straightforward and is a perfect project for a beginner.
This loom has been designed and made totally by us in our workshop in the UK. Dimensions of the loom are 34cm x 39cm x 11cm(with the heddle in the up position) or 9cm(with the heddle in the down position). The loom also has a neutral position allowing the weaver to progress onto more complex pick up stick weaving techniques going forwards.
Kit comes with:
- a rigid heddle loom with a weaving width of 26cm
- a reed with a sett of 10epi - perfect for weaving 4 ply yarn (we also sell 8 epi reeds separately which are for use with doubleknit yarn)
- a booklet of instructions with images and a step by step guide enabling you to set the loom up and weave on it.
- instructions to weave the blue scarf
- two clamps- three shuttles
- warping peg
- plastic threading hook
- 2 skeins of yarn (75% wool and 25% nylon) - sufficient to weave the scarf as shown
top of page
SKU: 4 ply blue 10 epi rigid heddle kit
bottom of page