Enjoy learning to weave where you can experience the joy or turning yarn into a gorgeous handwoven cowl scarf. The kit includes the full assembled rigid heddle loom ready to weave immediately along with everything you need to enable you to undertake your very first project. We understand that starting to weave might be daunting but our kit comes with detailed instructions with images showing you each step of the process from warping to finishing your cowl. Of course, once you have mastered the basics you can go on to weave your own patterns and further develop your weaving skills.
This loom has been designed and made totally by us in our workshop in the UK. As a compact and lightweight loom it is perfect for the beginning weaver.
Dimensions of the loom are 34cm x 39cm x 11cm(with the heddle in the up position) or 9cm(with the heddle in the down position). The loom also has a neutral position allowing the weaver to progress onto more complex pick up stick weaving techniques.
- A rigid heddle loom with a weaving width of 26cm
- a reed with a sett of 8epi - perfect for weaving double knit DK yarn
- a booklet of instructions with images and a step by step guide enabling you to set the loom up and weave on it.
- instructions to weave a cowl scarf with two yarn options, either electric blue/pink or pale blue and white with a houndstooth pattern or the cream/orange yarn with a colourblock pattern.
- two clamps
- three shuttles
- warping peg
- plastic threading hook,
- 2 skeins of British wool yarn sufficient to weave the cowl scarf.
top of page
bottom of page